MISSION STATEMENT

Fitness to a T, LLC is dedicated to helping individuals within the United States; who want to become, or already are, dedicated to achieving their health, fitness, and lifestyle goals by providing resources and services based on the needs of each individual client.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Which should I do first? Cardio or Weights?

A GREAT question I received in an e-mail over-night!

First, you have to identify your over-all goal. Are you looking to run in a race like a 5K? Or are you simply looking to improve your appearance and over-all health?

If it is for an upcoming race I would recommend focusing more on cardio to build up your endurance. The only speed bump I have seen with people in my circle is that once they are done with cardio training they are too wiped out for weight training.

May I offer you a few suggestions:
1. Train 2ce a day (if you have time). Do cardio in 1 session and weights in the other.
2. Alternate days with cardio and weight training.
3. Circuit Training or Plyometrics. Both offer cardio benefits with strength training.

If you are trying to improve your appearance and over-all health and tend to favor weight training over cardio; then do your weight training first. What ever your body has left you can then use for cardio. This is how I train when I am short on time, or refer back to #3 Circuit or Plyometric training.

Bottom line is that it's up to each individual personal preference and ability. Every "body" is diffferent. Find the right balance for you and you will see the results you are looking for!

Yours in Fitness,
Tara Finch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!
All comments must be reviewed and approved before posting.